Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gingerbread House

I decided this was the year Emma & I would build a Gingerbread house!  I picked up a kit at Target & we started working on it Sunday afternoon.  My girl was very excited to help! 




Ok, so really, I'm pretty sure she was just excited about the M&M's.






I had planned to take pictures through the process.... but it quickly became a sticky mess! Emma was most interested in playing with the candy & dropping it on the floor. Needless to say, I moved the gingerbread house, picked up candy, & wiped the table before taking the finished product pictures below.



Our beautiful gingerbread house! Ok, so it's not going to win any awards, but not too bad for our first try! And the good news is - we both had fun.  Emma couldn't help ice, that was a huge mess, but she did help lay some of the candy & told me where she thought it should go.  When she got tired, I told her what color to hand me & she did. We were a pretty good team.  We'll definitely have to do it again next year!


It's a little hard to see, but this is a picture of what it's "supposed" to look like from the box. Let's just say I know for a fact that had to have used a few extra items to make it look that good (ie, decent icing bags, etc). But it's ok - our house is unique! 


My girl had so much fun that a little while later, I found her like this....

Now that's what I call "Sweet Dreams!"

No comments:

Post a Comment