Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Reception

Last, but not least, was the Reception.

But first, being a flower girl is a tough job!  Emma fell asleep from the church to the hotel. Poor girl.

Bride & Groom's first dance. Didn't Courtney have a beautiful dress?


Groom's dance with my mom. 


When Mom went up to dance with Cory, Emma (who had been in David's mom, Grandma's lap) hopped down & ran around the table to her Papa & asked him to dance with her. It melted his heart & as soon as Mom & Cory were done he took her out on the dance floor. 


They were so sweet & of course everyone loved it.  The photographer had a field day & took lot of pics of Emma's bare feet! 


When Emma & Papa were done, Maddy & her Daddy Clint went out on the dancefloor. 


Emma joined Maddy & they twirled around. 


The other little kids joined in too - Dylan was there & you can see the ring bearer & his little sister in the background.  My cousin Katy went out & danced with them too. 


Dylan & his daddy


The yummy cake!


Dancing queen!


Dancing with the grown ups


Atchie & her daddy


I love this one of Dad & Emma's profiles


I was starting to feel sorry for my dad & his bad back (remember he & David played paintball the day before), so I suggested David dance with Emma for awhile to give him a break.  Little girl was none too happy - I think she thought her daddy was going to make her stop! 


Once she figured out he wasn't making her stop, she was fine again :) 


A little later, we left & somebody fell asleep pretty much right away (glad we got her changed into PJs before we left the hotel!)  When I asked Emma was her favorite part of the wedding was, she told me the dancing.  Not surprising, I think she danced more than anyone else at the wedding, she never stopped!

She is now calling the reception "The Music" which is so cute & makes me laugh.  She had a great experience as a flower girl - I was so proud of her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment