Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Eventful Day at the Doctor

I had another post ready to go for today, but thought I should do a little updating on Baby Henry.  Yesterday & this morning, I noticed I was having some cramping, but thought maybe I just needed to use the bathroom.  I decided to go ahead and tell my doctor today at my normal appointment & she decided to do a culture & then to put me on the monitors, just to be on the safe side.

Cultures & "check" were both fine.  Once I was hooked up to the monitor & chilling for awhile, the doctor came in & I was having a little uterus activity (ie, very small contractions...) She decided we needed to start an IV to help smooth me out.  She came back again a little while later before the IV was started & I had had 2 higher intensity contractions... awesome.  She said we'd have to get this under control in the office or they'd send me down to the hospital.  She also mentioned that if they could, they would have given me a shot to help stop them, but they can only do the shot inpatient now.  Needless to say, the IV was started pretty shortly, & I had another larger contraction.  The IV did seem to work, although I still was having the small contractions, I was no longer having any larger contractions, so my doctor was pretty happy.  Baby Henry was doing great through all of this, with excellent heart rate and movement.

Verdict was that I may have been a little dehydrated.  I was told to drink lots & lots, & to take it easy.  I'm still cramping occasionally & having some small contractions, but no more larger ones.  Definitely a scare, but I should be fine as long as I behave myself!  I think I probably over did it last weekend with the birthday celebration, which tells me I need to be VERY careful with Cory & Courtney's wedding on Saturday.  Tonight, I've eaten dinner, took a bath, & now here I am with my computer & I'm drinking a glass of water.  I'll watch American Idol & just take it easy tonight, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment