Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Henry's First Birthday!

My baby turned 1 year old - not sure how that happened!  It has FLOWN by!  

In the weeks before his party, I had a hard time deciding on a theme, but had a few things I wanted to use - Oh Henry candy bars & the Henry cartoon character.  I ordered a case of candy bars from Amazon & a few Henry comic books from eBay & then decided I'd go with Red & Yellow too.  I think it worked.  

I was going to go with generic invitations, but didn't like anything.  So I bought a pack of yellow cards & a pack of red cards at Target, found the H's, & then used a stamp inside for the party info.  I think they turned out pretty cute & matched my colors. 


My sweet parents let us have the party at their house this year - Emma's party at our house pretty much wore me out!  Plus, it was a lot more convenient for our party guests, so that worked well too!  We headed up to Marietta the morning of the party, started setting up, & then took a break for lunch at the Rib Ranch.  Henry had his first taste of lemon, and liked it :) 


Henry & Em tried out his bday present from Nanny & Papa - a kid sized table. 


Here's the dessert table - we had lots of cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, & Oh Henry bars :) 


One of the Henry comics & party favors for the kids. 


Another comic & some Henry pics.


I just love these toy Radio Flyers my parents' neighbors gave them.  They were the perfect centerpiece. 


Pictures from Henry's first year.


Henry's new chair from Mommy & Daddy - ready for him to sit in to open presents :) 


The banner I made - it totally worked out that my parents' last name starts with H & my mom decorates her mantle with them! 


Our little family before the party.


My cutie manning the grill :) 


The kiddos checking out the pond & geese. 


Henry playing peek-a-boo with Papa. 


The birthday boy with my Uncle Scott & Aunt Nancy (my dad's brother & sister).  My Uncle likes my kids to call him "Great" Scott, since he's their great uncle.  He is so funny & clever :) 


Little man ate his very first hot dog & he ate the WHOLE thing.  And lots of fruit, gold fish, cheese, etc.  The kid can EAT. 


Cupcake time!


And my baby ate his WHOLE cupcake.  Every bite.  You'd think we were starving him.  He was so funny. 


After cake, he got a quick bath & we opened presents, hugged necks, & started packing up to go home.  Henry had too much fun & couldn't wait until the car to go night-night.  He passed out on my parents' bed until it was time to drive home. 



He had a great first birthday party, we really had so much fun!  I appreciated my parents' help so much, along with hosting us at their house!

No comments:

Post a Comment