Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

6th Anniversary Weekend!

We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on July 16th (I had a special post that day!) We were blessed to get to spend 24 hours, just the 2 of us! 

First, we dropped the kiddos off at Nanny & Papa's house to stay with them.


Then we went to Goldberg's in Roswell for lunch. It's a bagel place & deli.  It had a take-out side & a restaurant side. We'd never been before, but really enjoyed it. I had a BLT & David had a cheeseburger. 

Then we went to see Midnight in Paris.  I honestly can't remember the last time I had been to a movie in the theater. Very sad getting old. We enjoyed the movie & then headed to the hotel to check in. 

We stayed at the Westin by Perimeter Mall.  Once we were all checked in, we got ready for our romantic dinner out :) 



We were early leaving for our reservation, so we drove around Buckhead a little & made a quick stop at the Container Store (my new favorite place!!!) We picked up a Christmas gift & a new cup for Emma, but I could have spent a fortune & a few days at that store!

Then it was time for our dinner! We went to Bones & quickly remembered why we liked it so much the first time we went. I ordered filet & mashed potatoes to share, & David ordered the same filet as me & an  order of scallops. I was unable to finish mine, but David helped my filet to not go to waste. Needless to say, he was rather full, so we waited on dessert!

After dinner we went to Perimeter Mall & walked around, making sure to visit one of our favorite places....the Apple Store.

Finally we were ready for dessert & decided to try Pinkberry. It was very very yummy. We stopped by Quik Trip for a coke & headed back to the hotel. At the hotel, we watched a movie on Netflix & then called it a night.

The next morning, we got ready & headed to the Cheesecake Factory for brunch. Sadly, I decided it was a little too early for cheesecake, so we passed on dessert.  Then we headed back to get the kiddos, who missed us & were glad to see us! We were glad to hear how good they were for Nanny & Papa, & how well they both slept at their house! I think that means they'll keep them over night again! :)

Spending the weekend with David was the best anniversary present I could ask for!  I'm so glad to know that 6 years & 2 kids later, we still like each other!  We both enjoyed spending time together - it was a great break!

No comments:

Post a Comment