Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

35 Weeks & Counting

I will officially be 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I haven't posted lately for 2 reasons:

1. We haven't been too exciting lately.

2. I didn't think you'd want to hear me complain about how bad I feel.

So this is your warning, I am a grouchy pregnant lady & this is my blog, so tonight I'm going to complain some. You might want to skip this post.

So yeah, I'm not feeling very well. I'm just trying to keep on keeping on as best I can, but I'm getting more & more uncomfortable, & sometimes I'm in a good bit of pain.  Lately it's been a lot of back pain & rib pain - basically Henry is running out of room & my back is about to give out from sitting in a computer chair all day at work.  When I get home, I do a lot of laying down & trying to relax.

Last night & today have been more special, symptom-wise. Some back story - I don't throw up. It's just not something I do.  So while I had 18+ weeks of morning sickness with both Emma & Henry, I never threw up because of morning sickness.  However, around 35-36 weeks with Emma, I gagged when brushing my teeth & threw up in the sink.  Henry apparently decided he couldn't be out-done, so last night I woke up at around 11:30 (after being asleep around an hour), with a bad taste in my mouth.  I got up & got a glass of water, came back to our room, & David asked me if I was ok.  Next thing I knew, I was getting sick. Very special.

So yeah, I got sick last night & was up for a couple hours waiting for my stomach to settle down.  Anyway, my stomach hasn't been right all day.  I have been able to eat (relatively bland) and keep down food, so I think I'm going to make it & it's more pregnancy related than actually having a bug.

Anyway, I had a wave of nausea late this afternoon (I was probably starting to get hungry) & got really hot & felt dizzy.  I worried I was going to be sick or that my blood pressure was up (like when I was pregnant with Emma). Anyway, I was thankful that one of my co-workers has a wrist blood pressure cuff & I was able to check my bp & it was normal.  So that's good news.  However, my right foot & ankle is very swollen, so much in fact, I could hardly bend my ankle.  I've had it up pretty much since I got home, so I'm hoping that will help it go back down.  Fabulous.

So yeah, besides my severe back pain, my rib pain, swelling, nausea, another pain I won't mention, & being generally uncomfortable, I'm pretty much about done with this whole pregnancy thing.  Just thought you might like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment