Background

About Me

My photo
Busy mommy & wife! David & I have been married 6 1/2 years. Our daughter Emma is 4 and our son Henry just turned 1. We feel so blessed to be a family of four!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Trip Part 1 - St. Louis & Driving

In late July we drove to Missouri to visit David's grandparents & go to a family reunion.  We left in the middle of the night and unfortunately, the kids never really went back to sleep.  Luckily they did take some naps & were sweet little car riders :) 



We took a long stop in St. Louis.  My precious friend Jenifer recently moved to St. Louis, so we stopped & visited her new house, & we had lunch with her.  We had a great time visiting with her - I could kick myself for not taking a few pictures.  We can't wait to see her next time she's in Atlanta.

We were going to leave for the rest of the drive to David's grandparents', but we decided to take a quick stop & see the Arch in St. Louis.  It was a good opportunity for the kids to run off some energy before the 4 hour drive to Carthage, MO.




I wanted a picture of me & the kids in front of the Arch... you see how well it turned out. Ha!






We didn't go to the top, but we visited the museum under the Arch.  Henry's favorite part was the bear at the entrance of the museum.  He kept pointing it & doing his favorite animal noise - Rawr!!! 


It was so very hot in St. Louis (ok, the entire time we were in Missouri).  They have had pretty much a month+ of temps 100+.  And we thought it was hot here! 




So the visit with Jeni & playing at the Arch did their job - both kids passed out! 


Poor Emma looked so uncomfortable.  After I took the picture, I found her pillow & helped her get more comfortable. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment